Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"I have touched the compassion that heals all suffering."

 
This is Part Three of a rare documentary on Krishnamurti's early life. It portrays his mystical enlightenment experience, and the efforts of the Theosophical Society to make him a Messiah, as well as the profound disillusionment when his brother died on Ojai, California, and how that experience changed his life and message to the world. Part Four is also on YouTube and is fascinating...well worth the few minutes to see something so rare and unusual~
 
Here are a few of my favorite Krishnamurti quotes:
 
"Who wants to worship at the light of one candle when you can have the Sun?"
 
"My concern is to set man totally and unconditionally free."
 
"I could feel the wind, the birds, the dust, and every noise was a part of me...and I was a part of it. I was suprisingly happy. I have touched the compassion that heals all suffering. This is not just for myself, but for the world."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome....